Accessibility statement for Find Pension Contact Details
This website is run by the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP). We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to the website using a screen reader (including the most recent version of JAWS)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
The accessibility of this website
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible when using certain accessibility tools:
- the text attached to all the radio buttons is read out twice when using magnification and reading software
- the descriptive text for both radio buttons on the ‘What type of pension are you looking for?’ page, is not read out when using magnification and reading software
- the first radio button title ‘Workplace pension’ on the ‘What type of pension are you looking for?’ page, is also read out for the second radio button title ‘Personal pension’, when using magnification and reading software
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
DWP is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
Not every script passes on the assistive technology tool scripts in DAC09. This fails the WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 and 3.3.5.
We are working to resolve all identified accessibility issues within this service. We plan to fix issues with screen reader technology, magnification and reading software by October 2020.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 15 October 2019. The accessibility testing was carried out by the pre-retirement digital team at DWP.
We tested our website platform in full, you can visit it at www.findpensioncontacts.service.gov.uk
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format, for example:
- accessible PDF
- large print
- easy read
- audio recording or braille
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 14 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website.
Contact us if you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements.
Email details about the issue you are reporting to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll respond to your email within 14 days.
If the issue means you are unable to use this website, call:
- 0800 731 0193
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
We provide a text relay service for people who are D/deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment.
Our offices have audio induction loops, or if you contact us before your visit we can arrange a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter.